Vast Array of American Cuisine
The Sun Tavern offers a vast array of American cuisine. Listed as one of The Phantom Gourmets “Top 100 Restaurants in New England”, you will find cuisine that rivals the finest that Boston has to offer. Awarded the “Gold Plate” by Billy Costa of T.V. Diner and rated “Gourmet Greatness” by the Phantom Gourmet, The Sun Tavern is the place to dine on the South Shore.
Enjoy our Patio Dining
Our outside patio has become the place to enjoy casual dining on the South Shore. You can enjoy cocktails from our bar, one of our appetizers, or order from our full menu.
In the Spring and Summer enjoy the sunset, cool breeze and mother nature. In the Fall our portable heaters help keep you warm while you enjoy the fresh air and secluded loaction.
What a location for your next gathering. Plan your wedding party dinner, wedding reception, funeral reception, anniversary dinner, birthday dinner or bridal shower at The Sun Tavern in Duxbury.
Ask about reserving the patio or dining area for your gathering.
Some of our recent reviews:
- I grew up coming here with my family and a few years back, we hosted a 50th anniversary party for my parents. The attention to detail, care, and friendly attitude of the owners and all the staff made a special day even more special. The food is always delicious and the atmosphere is great. Classy but not pretentious. I don't live in town anymore but I love going back there when I'm home! Highly recommend for date night, special event, or just a regular old meal.Chris Chamberlain11/11/2021
- My husband and I are super picky and The Sun Tavern never disappoints! The oysters are always super fresh and shucked when ordered. The meat is always cooked perfectly to temperature... and the Brussels Sprouts... are...to die for! We had Stephanie as our server last time and she was always there when we needed her and made great suggestions... you can tell she cares about her guests! We will keep coming back for the delicious food, great ambience, and of course the fabulous service!!!Diana Monsalve7/11/2021
- Sasha was the sweetest server tonight, so personable and delightful, she even gave my husband a birthday card because she knew it was his birthday tonight!? Sasha went above and beyond to make our time tonight, just perfect! And not to mention the food was on point - we ordered the filet mignon special, salmon, shrimp cocktail and bruschetta! All Absolutely delicious!! Thank you Sun Tavern - we love this place!! ❤️Deirdre Couchon10/23/2020
- Celebrated our 26th anniversary with dinner and drinks at the Sun Tavern. Our filet and tips were cooked to perfection and our drinks were delicious. Our waitress was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, personable and attentive. She made us feel welcome and we left feeling like we had known her for years! We cant wait to go back and when we do, we will be sure to ask for Sasha. Highly recommend!Jonathan Bond5/15/2020
- My favorite restaurant in the area, never disappoints.There’s a pretty good variety of dishes to choose from, from sophisticated entrees, to burgers and fish and chips.Meals are prepared at the moment, with good quality and fresh ingredients, which allows modifications and special requests.Even though vegetarian entrees aren’t on the menu, (but soups and sides are!) the chef will create a special dish for you if requested. The one in the picture was tonight’s dinner: a mix of grains, veggies, and nuts, accompanied by carrots cream.Lara's Cuisine5/15/2019
- Love my New favorite restaurant in my New favorite neighborhood. Food and Service is as good as anywhere in Boston! Steaks as good as any steakhouse in town but not as expensive. Staff makes you feel like your at a relatives house. Only thing I would change is a little bigger on the portion sizes. Go there all the time now!Paul O'Grady3/18/2018
- We had our wedding here yesterday and everything was beyond our expectations. The food was incredible, our outdoor ceremony was beautiful, and they decorated the inside so perfectly. We love it here and will always come back. Thank you to all at The Sun Tavern for making our special day so memorable!Kelly LeBlanc10/01/2017After being told so many times that I need to try it... my husband and I finally did. We had the coconut shrimp for an appetizer, which was delicious.. Husband got the tavern burger which he loved and I ordered the shrimp scampi. Truly one of the best shrimp scampi I've had. Wait staff was awesome and my husband loved his margarita!Kristen Ford-Hernandez9/02/2017
- The oyster and beer night was so much fun! Ten of us went to celebrate the patriach's bday! Sun Tavern had an ice filled boat with Island Creek oysters and two very busy shuckers! Great job guys! Many wonderful choices of Laguntas beer served in doggy mason jars we got to take home. House wine was very good. Po boy sandwiches and oyster fritters and many other dishes. It was a success!Betty Triner8/18/2017
- Have not had a bad meal there. Love the menu! Can be tight seatings in the Tavern area and can be a tad noisy but I like the atmosphere anyway. Have been treated SO well by the people there on a number of occasions that this is definitely one of my favorite places to go to.Mark Wirzburger4/28/2016
The Sun Tavern is an upscale casual fine dining restaurant located just south of Boston in a quaint farmhouse dating back to pre-revolutionary days.
On a country road in the seaside community of Duxbury, The Sun Tavern’s warm inviting environment is a reminder of days gone by, with a fireplace sitting area to warm your soul and five separate dining areas to enjoy the company of others.
MOTHER’S DAY Mother’s Day is May 14th and that’s less than three weeks away so don’t wait to make your reservations. We’ll be open from 12 noon until 6PM Give us a call at 781 837 1027 NOT YOUR TYPICAL MENU PlRestaurants typically create a separate and shorter menu on big holidays because it’s much…
You are at the Sun, so make sure to sign up now and get your loyalty card. The Sun Tavern Loyalty Program rewards you each and every time you visit us. A drink, an appetizer, or a full meal will earn points that you can redeem on subsequent visits. You’ll also receive gifts on your…